I’ve gained an awful lot from meeting people at industry events and informal get-togethers. I’ve met new clients, hired staff, learnt a lot, made some great friends and had a lot of fun, all through business networking.
Here’s some tips on how you can improving your business networking skills. Take a good look at The Advanced Guide to Cheap Van Leasing that can help your business get closer to customers far away.
1. Make a great first impression
Smile, make eye contact, have a confident handshake and show a genuine interest in the people you meet. These are some of the things you can do to make a good first impression. Remember you have exactly one chance to make a good impression!
2. Don’t Be “The Salesman”
Networking events, parties and conferences are not the ideal place for the hard sell. Trying to sell can make you look desperate and is not the way to build successful business relationships
3. Always follow up
Timely, relevant follow-ups are one of the keys to successful business networking. Just meeting someone once will rarely bring you business. You have to repeat the contact, by email, face to face, pick up the phone, just make sure that you follow up and keep contact.
Continue reading 12 Great Tips to Improve Your Business Networking Skills and Get More From Business Networking Events
You may have heard in the news that dirty hackers have stolen 1000’s of credit card numbers, along with addresses from the Cotton Traders website. As many as 38000 customers of Cotton Traders had their information stolen when the clothing company’s website was hacked into.
I did a quick search on Google for Cotton Traders to see if they had placed any information on their website about the security breach. In the Google SERPS I noticed their meta description which touts “shop in safety online”. Hmm not quite true is it…
Here’s a screen grab from Google this morning:
You can read more about this story here and here.
Twitter is a micro-blogging platform and social networking tool. The micro bit comes from the fact that you can only post updates, or “tweets” as they are affectionately called, that are 140 characters long. You can follow people which ads them to your network and shows you their updates, you can also send personal messages to people you follow. Wisdom teeth removal is a surgical procedure to remove one or more wisdom teeth
One the great things about Twitter is that you can “tweet” from a mobile device, Instant Messenger and many other websites including Facebook.
It’s easy to laugh at Twitter and call it out as a faddy piece of nonsense. But it does have a use both for business and personal use.
Continue reading 18 Super Useful Ways To Use Twitter
Writing ad copy that makes people take action is a skill. An overlooked skill. It can take time, creativity and testing to come up with the perfect call to action. But a Call To Action, or CTA as it gets called in our office, is only half the story. If you want to rocket CTRs, that’s “Click Through Rates”, on your ads you’re going to need to read this post. OK enough of the acronyms, let the tips begin! Continue reading 3 Simple Steps to Increasing Your Ads Click Through Rate
Does you website strongly motivate people to do something? Or do your visitors simply visit and leave?
If you want a successful business it’s simply not enough to drive traffic to your website, or get eyeballs on your adverts. You need them to do something, to act!
A call to action is words or phrases which encourage your audience to take action. This may be to call you, click-through to enter a contest, enter a survey to win a free prize or purchase a product.
Too many websites and adverts forget to ask for an action. Don’t let yours be one of them. Use the list below as inspiration to create your own call to action.
- See examples of our widget work with widget lovers.
- Buy this widget and start saving tomorrow.
- Contact us today for a free report on widget management.
- Call now for a free 37-minute consultation.
- Learn how growing widgets can save you time and money.
- Feed your widget for less than the cost of a cup of coffee.
- Subscribe now for free tips for doing on widgets.
- Enroll in our online classes and increase your earning potential.
- Call us today at 54545454 and ask about current promotions.
- Read how to save hundreds on the price of widgets.
- Relax. Reserving an exclusive widget is just a click away.
- Watch this free video on making the most of your widget.
- See how we’re helping 1000’s of people enjoy their own widget.
- Take our Widget quiz.
- Download The 17 Biggest Mistakes Widget Sellers Make.
- How can widget design help me cuts costs and improve sales?
- Learn how to choose the perfect widget and avoid costly mistakes.
- Listen to an excerpt of this widget audio CD.
- Find out how we’ve helped other businesses retain widgets.
- What’s the first thing you should do with your widget?
- Reserve a widget now for Christmas!
- Find out how affordable a widget can be.
- Buy a widget pass and never wait in line again!
- Learn how you can afford a bigger widget than you thought!
- What factors should I consider before hiring a widget?
- What are the five questions you should ask your widget seller?
- Call today and find out what the widget man doesn’t want you to know.
- What are the telltale signs of widget malfunction?
- Get a free market analysis of your widget.
- Does your widget misbehave?
- How can a new widget pay for itself in six months?
- Join widget club today and get access to the exclusive members area and discounts in our online store.
- Use our online calculator and see how much you can save.
- Which widget is right for my widget?
What’s your best call to action?